Friday, March 16, 2012

The Mini-Charm Challenge

The newest issue of Beadwork arrived yesterday!
I've got a super simple piece in there this time around, but it's also super versatile.
You'll find the instructions for my itty bitty morrocan charms in the Apr/May issue.
I've shown it done two ways.
Here I've created a necklace using the charm and a saffron hoop from MissFickleMedia.


Or your can get creative and connect the little charms to make a light and dainty bracelet, and the color choices are only limited by your imagination.  


But, the most obvious use for these little charms would be earrings. (Unfortunately, I don't wear them, or I'd make up a version with earrings.)


So here's my challenge to all my beadweavin' buddies and even you that aren't! (This is a great beginner project)
Grab your Beadwork Magazine Apr/May issue and create your own version of my morrocan charm, use it however you'd like....bracelet....necklace....earrings.... and send me a picture!
I'll give you three weeks to create and when I've got everyone's entries I'll post them all here and draw a random winner to receive a free tutorial of their choice from my shop!
Spread the word!
Remember, send your name and photo to abney_m(at)yahoo.com with the title Mini-Charm Challenge.
You've got three weeks so get your entries in by April 6th...what are you waiting for?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! Congrats on the publication - I was happy to see another one of your projects in Beadwork this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie, This sounds like a fun challenge I saw your piece in Beadwork this month and I think I will play along.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie, I was so excited to see your name in Beadwork this month. The challenge sounds like fun. I can't wait to see what everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. De nudos y cuentasMarch 20, 2012 at 3:35 AM

    Me alegro de que hayas vuelto a publicar y a hacer cosas tan bonitas. Alomejor lo pruebo a ver si me sale sin esquema. Que suerte tenéis de que haya tantas revistas allí. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little creation is complete, just need to take a photo. Great instructions and so fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and the colour turquoise is making a great effect in the pattern.Very trendy and stylish.

    ReplyDelete